➡ Cover letter schreiben Englisch - USA Praxissemester

Welche anderen Bewerbungsstrategien kennt ihr noch? Fragen dazu bitte hier reinschreiben.
Antworten
GhostKA

➡ Cover letter schreiben Englisch - USA Praxissemester

Beitrag von GhostKA »

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe vor ein Praxissemester in den USA zu machen und habe jetzt einen Cover letter erstellt. Mich würde mal interessieren was Ihr davon haltet?
Ich bin mir nicht bei allen Formulierungen bzw. Wörtern sicher von daher wäre es super wenn der eine oder andere mich verbessern kann? Manchmal verliert man auch einfach den Überblick über mögliche Fehler :D

----------

Dear sir or madam,

As a young and inquisitive infrastructure management student, I am always in ambition for new challenges. The good reputation within the building industry and the extensive business structure, but as well the perspective of an interesting and diversified workplace, sets the ***Unternehmen*** on top of my selection list for my Internship.

Currently I am in the third semester and in the next one I have to do a compulsory semester. During my study progress I acquired a solidly basic knowledge in the fields of building material science, project management and business management, whichever I now want to use in practice. Personally, I am extremely adaptive and greedy for knowledge and I always want to complete my work responsible to fully satisfy the people around me.

While I was administrating a team sport for years I have become really self-confident and STOP to a communicative leader. Even in difficult situations I am always considered to keep cool, analyze the setting and make the right decisions. My excellent ability to work in a team has given me a pretty good reputation in my team and at the club I play for. Furthermore, I also learned that achievements can be reached much more easily with an excellent working team and a good atmosphere. My intern at the *** GmbH proved that more than only once. According to the constructor I have managed to coordinate every single involved person without having any trouble. I even improved the workflow of some transactions and my ideas helped decreasing the amount of work and material usage.

For me personally, this internship is an important step for my future life. As soon as I finish my studies, I want to emigrate to the USA and of course I want to gain as much experience as possible in advance. I am sure the ***Unternehmen*** and I will both benefit from that internship and as soon as I get a positive reply, I will apply for the necessary J1 visa. If you have any further questions feel free to contact me at anytime.

I look forward hearing from you

Yours faithfully

---------

Vielen Dank schon mal an alle die mir weiterhelfen.

Grüße
Linut1991

Beitrag von Linut1991 »

Hi GhostKA,

ich habe gemerkt dass es schon eine weile her dass das gepostet wurde aber ich wollte Dir trotzdem helfen, falls den Text in Zukunft noch weiter verwendet wird. Vor allem, vielleicht hilft es jemand anderen.

"Dear sir or madam,"

Hier könnte man sogar "To whom it may concern" verwenden da es etwas lockerer wirkt. In Amerika ist es formell aber doch etwas locker in Verhältnis zu Deutschland. Natürlich ist es am besten wenn man eine Name hat und das bekommt man meistens mit einem kurzen Telefonat.

"As a young and inquisitive infrastructure management student, I am always in ambition for new challenges. The good reputation within the building industry and the extensive business structure, but as well the perspective of an interesting and diversified workplace, sets the ***Unternehmen*** on top of my selection list for my Internship."

As a young and inquisitive infrastructure management student, my ambition always leads me to seek out new challenges. While currently seeking out internship opportunities in the field, I am particularly attracted to the position with ***Unternehmen***, which is known for its solid reputation within the building industry, its extensive business structure and providing a unique and diversified workplace.

While I was administrating a team sport for years I have become really self-confident and STOP to a communicative leader. Even in difficult situations I am always considered to keep cool, analyze the setting and make the right decisions. My excellent ability to work in a team has given me a pretty good reputation in my team and at the club I play for. Furthermore, I also learned that achievements can be reached much more easily with an excellent working team and a good atmosphere. My intern at the *** GmbH proved that more than only once. According to the constructor I have managed to coordinate every single involved person without having any trouble. I even improved the workflow of some transactions and my ideas helped decreasing the amount of work and material usage.

While administering a team sport for several years, it allowed me to develop my skills in effectively communicating and helped strengthen my own personal self-confidence. In difficult situations, this experience has taught me in difficult times how to remain poised, analyze the setting and make fact based decisions. Because of this, I have developed an excellent reputation within the team. Furthermore, I also learned that achievements can be reached more easily with an excellent working team and a positive atmosphere. My internship at the *** GmbH was proof of this. Based on feedback by the constructor, I managed to effectively coordinate every individual and was even able to improve the workflow of various transactions. My input also helped in saving valuable raw material usage and labor.

For me personally, this internship is an important step for my future life. As soon as I finish my studies, I want to emigrate to the USA and of course I want to gain as much experience as possible in advance. I am sure the ***Unternehmen*** and I will both benefit from that internship and as soon as I get a positive reply, I will apply for the necessary J1 visa. If you have any further questions feel free to contact me at anytime.

For me personally and professionally, an internship with ***Unternehmen*** would be an important step in my growth. After completing my studies, my goal is to immigrate to the United States with the hope to gain as much insight as possible beforehand. I am confident that ***Unternehmen*** would benefit greatly from my experince and I would be given the opportunity to grow professionally, as well. Being of German citizenship, if I am allowed the opportunity, I would promptly apply for the J1 Visa and supply all necessary documentation. If you should have any further questions, please feel free to contact me at anytime.

I look forward to the opportunity of discussing my qualifications in greater detail.

Ohne Name=Yours faithfully Mit Name=Yours sincerely
Paddy139

Auslandspraktikum USA Cover letter

Beitrag von Paddy139 »

Hey Leute,

aktuell schreibe ich eine Bewerbung für eine Praktikumsstelle in den USA. Ich habe meine Freundesliste durchschaut, aber leider keinen 'Native speaker' gefunden (bzw. jemanden, der mir bei der Korrektur helfen könnte..).

Mein Ziel ist es, den Personaler nicht zu langweilen. Ich habe den 'Cover letter' etwas selbstbewusster geschrieben, da ich momentan mit meinem Notendurchschnitt (3.0, 5. Semester Mechanical Engineering) nicht wirklich punkten kann.

Application for an internship in the area of construction at your location in *** in March/April 2016

Dear Ms. ***,

My father told me once that *** creates the ‘Mercedes’ among the laser machine-tools. Your internet presence totally confirms my father’s opinion. Furthermore *** has always had a steady growth of employees despite the global economic crisis in 2008. This is really extraordinary for an international company like ***.

Actually I want to do more than an internship. I want to apply my university knowledge and further your company. I am a student in 5. Semesters Bachelors degree of Mechanical Engineering and I can’t wait to start to engineer. I can’t wait to learn new things. To be precise; I want to support your development processes of new diode lasers. I was already able to manage my own project with a total budget of 10.000€ during my work at the formula student team ‘*name*’. The team builds a complete racecar whereby I was responsible for the skin of the car. I gained experience in computer aided design and on top of that I deepened my ability to work in a team. But a today’s engineer also has to face the economic point of view. Due to that I study additionally business administration to be able to make decision about the financial aspects of a project. I always try to do more than required.

Further on I love to experience foreign cultures. I have already been to China for four weeks and have lived in a host family. Another great experience was my one month stay in Italy where I studied the Italian language at the Universitá per stranieri di ***.

I would love to have the opportunity to work for you and gain a lot of new experience. Take a look in my Resume to get to know more about me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest regards,

Patrick

Damit ihr auch wisst mit wem ihr es zu tun habt, hier noch mein Resume:

P A T R I C K
*** Straße 38, 12345 City, ****@email.de, 01149 123456

Deeply committed student with a vast knowledge and the ability to acquire new information very fastly. I love to learn new things and I always try to do more than required.

Education
 2014 - present University ***
o Business Administration (B.SC.)
 2013 - present University ****
o Mechanical Engineering (B.SC.)

Work experience
Formula student team ****, adress, 2013-2015
 Worked voluntarily in the formula student electric team in which students build a race car
 I was responsible for the skin with a total budget of 10.000€. I planned the whole project, modeled it with a 3D CAD program ( Creo parametrics 2.0) and manufactured it
Big Company, adress; 2014-present
 Worked as a guide in the steel plant of *big company* I guided visitors and customers across the steel plant
 Broad knowledge of the production and properties of steel and the ability to speak fascinatingly in front of a huge audience

Fahrzeugbau *small company*, adress; 0701/2013 - 09/13/2013
 Obligatory internship during my studies at university
 Gained practical experience in the areas of machining, forming processes and welding.

Additional skills
 Languages: German(Mother tongue), English (C1), Italian (B2), Spanish (A1), Polish(A1)
 Computer skills
o Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
o Programming with C and Matlab
o SQL
o 3D CAD program Creo Parametrics 2.0 and Pro/ENGINEER

Es wäre super wenn da mal einer drüber schauen könnte.
TAUSEND DANK!!!

Paddy139
TheGuide
Bewerbungshelfer

Re: Auslandspraktikum USA Cover letter

Beitrag von TheGuide »

Paddy139 hat geschrieben:Dear Ms. ***,

My father told me...
Auch im Englischen: Nach der Anrede klein weiter.

my father told me once that *** creates the ‘Mercedes’ among the laser machine-tools. Your internet presence totally confirms my father’s opinion. Furthermore *** has always had a steady growth of employees despite the global economic crisis in 2008. This is really extraordinary for an international company like ***.
Ich weiß jetzt nicht, was daran besonders "selbstbewusst" sein soll. Im Prinzip lobhudelst du doch hier nur das Unternehmen und sagst, dass du für dessen Eigenwerbung - die alles andere als objektiv sein wird - empfänglich bist. Dich hast du bis hierher noch nicht beworben.
Actually I want to do more than an internship. I want to apply my university knowledge and further your company.
Soll further ein Verb sein? (Kommt mir komisch vor, ist aber keine sprachliche Expertise!) Wenn ich dich richtig verstehe, willst du die Firma weiterbringen? Warum eigentlich? (Das ist immer wieder das Problem bei Bewerbern. Sie behaupten, sie wollten den profitorientierten Unternehmen etwas Gutes tun, nur sagen sie nie, was sie selbst eigentlich davon haben. Altruismus ist bei profitorientierten Unternehmen fehl am Platz, das kann man bei NGOs und Non Profit verkaufen.
Due to that I study additionally business administration to be able to make decision about the financial aspects of a project.

Müsste es nicht a decision heißen? Ist about hier die richtige Präposition (daran zweifle ich).

I have already been to China for four weeks and have lived in a host family. Another great experience was my one month stay in Italy where I studied the Italian language at the Universitá per stranieri di ***.
Ich glaube, das ist eine sehr deutsche Konstruktion.
Hazel-Rah

Re: Auslandspraktikum USA Cover letter

Beitrag von Hazel-Rah »

Hallo Patrick,

ein paar Anmerkungen von einer gescheiterten Übersetzerin:
TheGuide hat geschrieben:
Paddy139 hat geschrieben:Dear Ms. ***,

My father told me...
Auch im Englischen: Nach der Anrede klein weiter.
Ich war ziemlich sicher, dass das nicht korrekt ist. Mag sein, dass es da auch wieder neue Moden gibt, die ich nicht kenne.
Mein Internet-Fundstück hat meine Vermutung, vor tausend Jahren mal gelernt, bestätigt.
Britisches Englisch: Komma; amerikanisches Englisch: Doppelpunkt. In beiden Fällen geht es groß weiter.
my father told me once that *** creates the ‘Mercedes’ among the laser machine-tools.

Mit 'create' habe ich ein bisschen Bauchschmerzen. Create ist ein einmaliger Prozess: etwas schaffen, schöpfen.
Das mag ja zutreffen, wenn dieser Entwickler da Pionier ist und ständig Neuauflagen liefert. Dann würde ich aber das Verb 'create' im present perfect progressive verwenden: has been creating ... for ages, im Sinne von Marktführer. Da vielleicht schöner: has been market-leader in laser machine-tools since its foundation in 19** oder so. Eine Zeitangabe müsste dann irgendwie dran.
Ansonsten vielleicht 'manufacture' oder 'construct'.
Actually I want to do more than an internship. I want to apply my university knowledge and further your company.
TheGuide hat geschrieben:Soll further ein Verb sein? (Kommt mir komisch vor, ist aber keine sprachliche Expertise!)
Kann man tatsächlich so als Verb verwenden. Klingt für mich aber ein bisschen, naja, pädagogisch? Fördern, unterstützen. Würdest du 'support' schreiben? Vielleicht besser: 'promote' oder 'push on'.
Paddy139 hat geschrieben:But a today’s engineer also has to face the economic point of view.
Hm, 'face' - dem Tod ins Auge blicken Bild
Vielleicht: consider?
Due to that I study additionally business administration to be able to make decision about the financial aspects of a project.

TheGuide hat geschrieben:Müsste es nicht a decision heißen? Ist about hier die richtige Präposition (daran zweifle ich).

Vielleicht 's' vergessen? Plural? Ansonsten ja: a decision.
Die richtige Präposition ist: on.
Das 'additionally' würde ich vor das Verb 'study' ziehen. Kann ich mit word order jetzt nicht so ohne Weiteres begründen.... Bild

I have already been to China for four weeks and have lived in a host family. Another great experience was my one month stay in Italy where I studied the Italian language at the Universitá per stranieri di ***.
TheGuide hat geschrieben:Ich glaube, das ist eine sehr deutsche Konstruktion.
Nein, das geht. Das ist völlig okay.

Bild
Paddy139

Beitrag von Paddy139 »

Hallo!

Vielen Dank euch beiden für eure Bemühungen. Ich habe das Anschreiben angepasst. Ich bin aber etwas verunsichert über meinen ersten Absatz, in dem Ich Mercedes erwähnt habe. Ich habe mit einigen Leuten gesprochen die meinten ich solle mich wohl mehr an eine formale Bewerbung halten.
(Nach dem Motto: Hiermit bewerbe ich mich für.. ) Aber ich habe immer das Gefühl, dass jeder Personaler damit gelangweilt wird. :roll:

Ich werde mal nochmal eine Nacht drüber schlafen müssen bevor ich die Bewerbung abschicken.

Vielen Dank nochmal !!
Patrick
Hazel-Rah

Beitrag von Hazel-Rah »

Paddy139 hat geschrieben: Ich bin aber etwas verunsichert über meinen ersten Absatz, in dem Ich Mercedes erwähnt habe. Ich habe mit einigen Leuten gesprochen die meinten ich solle mich wohl mehr an eine formale Bewerbung halten.
(Nach dem Motto: Hiermit bewerbe ich mich für.. ) Aber ich habe immer das Gefühl, dass jeder Personaler damit gelangweilt wird
Du solltest unbedingt noch mal die Hinweise von The Guide lesen.

Damit erledigt sich das dann auch so mit dem ersten Absatz.
Alle Kfz-Azubis wollen zu Porsche, alle Versicherungskaufleute zur Allianz, etc.
Daraus kannst du schon einen Aufhänger machen, wenn deine ganz spezielle Ausbildung genau ins Schwarze trifft.
Ob du dann die Redewendung vom Mercedes noch verwenden kannst, wird sich ergeben. Allemal besser als: Hiermit bewerbe ich mich....
Paddy139 hat geschrieben: Actually I want to do more than an internship. I want to apply my university knowledge and further your company. I am a student in 5. Semesters Bachelors degree of Mechanical Engineering and I can’t wait to start to engineer. I can’t wait to learn new things. To be precise; I want to support your development processes of new diode lasers. I was already able to manage my own project with a total budget of 10.000€ during my work at the formula student team ‘*name*’. The team builds a complete racecar whereby I was responsible for the skin of the car. I gained experience in computer aided design and on top of that I deepened my ability to work in a team. But a today’s engineer also has to face the economic point of view. Due to that I study additionally business administration to be able to make decision about the financial aspects of a project. I always try to do more than required
Zu deinem Mittelteil kann ich höchstens einen kleinen Schubser geben:
Mir scheint, du erzählst deinen - übrigens schön detaillierten - Lebenslauf nach....

Bild
Antworten