Länge des Anschreibens für Bewerbung auf Englisch

Welche anderen Bewerbungsstrategien kennt ihr noch? Fragen dazu bitte hier reinschreiben.
Antworten
neunimingde

Länge des Anschreibens für Bewerbung auf Englisch

Beitrag von neunimingde »

Hallo liebes Forum,

ich bin kurz davor eine Bewerbung für eine von mir sehr begehrte Stelle abzuschicken. Mein Anschreiben umfasst jetzt allerdings gut 600 Wörter (ohne Adresse und Absender). Ist das zu lang, oder ist die Länge vertretbar solange das Anschreiben nicht mit Floskeln gefüllt ist?

Ich bin gespannt auf Eure Meinungen.
Grüße
nimingde

Edit: Mit genau 640 Wörtern verbraucht der Fließtext etwas mehr als eine DIN A4-Seite.
FRAGEN
Bewerbungshelfer

Re: Länge des Anschreibens für Bewerbung auf Englisch

Beitrag von FRAGEN »

neunimingde hat geschrieben:Mein Anschreiben umfasst jetzt allerdings gut 600 Wörter (ohne Adresse und Absender). Ist das zu lang, oder ist die Länge vertretbar solange das Anschreiben nicht mit Floskeln gefüllt ist?
Hmmmm... man sollte ja generell nicht mit dem Anspruch antreten, dass ein Anschreiben so gerade noch "vertretbar" sein sollte. Ein Anschreiben sollte dem Leser genau die (und nur die) Fakten zu den Fragen liefern, die ihm richtig auf den Nägeln brennen... und ansonsten einfach Spass machen. Es sollte dem Leser das Gefühl vermitteln, genau die Person vor sich zu haben, die zu der Aufgabe, dem Ort und ihm persönlich passt. Die Länge als solche ist m. E. zweitrangig. Meiner persönlichen Erfahrung nach schaffen es allerdings nicht allzu viele Menschen, lange Texte in einen schönen, durchgängigen Erzählbogen zu bringen. Mit der Vermeidung eines Floskel-Overloads ist es noch lange nicht getan...

Du kannst Dein Werk aber gerne einmal zur genaueren Betrachtung posten...
neunimingde

Ok, was Du beschreibst habe ich versucht. Ich hatte auch bereits eine frühere Version des Anschreibens gepostet (anschreiben-umweltfonds---praktikum-t62265.html), habe allerdings keine Resonanz bekommen. Ich vermute, es liegt daran, dass die Bewerbung auf Englisch ist.

Trotzdem hier nochmal das Ganze, vielleicht findet sich ja jetzt ein Kommentator. Ich bewerbe mich um ein Praktikum bei einem Fonds, welcher Gelder an Umweltprojekte in Entwicklungsländer verteilen wird. Zuerst ein Teil der Ausschreibung:

Duties and responsibilities
• Assist with the initial approval process, accreditation process, readiness and preparatory assistance during the building of the project pipeline;
• Support management of the project database upon receipt of the investment proposal;
• Participate in the evaluation of the investment proposals – technical and financial analysis and prepare evaluation /review summary;
• Contribute to the preparation of the fund’s board documents. This may include background research, collecting and analysing data, conducting specific research and analytical work, drafting written inputs, engagement through email and phone calls with other Fund experts;
• Provide support to various established Committees, panels and groups of the Fund as deemed necessary. This may include organizing meetings, preparing relevant documentation in collaboration with the designed task manger, taking minutes of meetings, and circulating summaries both internally and to the relevant Committee, panel or group;
• Provide limited support for the Fund's Board meetings and other events and meetings related to the functioning of the Fund. This may include assisting in the preparation of relevant documentation, taking meeting minutes, preparing summaries of discussions for the Report of the Meeting, and providing support for the drafting of decisions.

Required experience and qualifications
• Bachelors (or Masters) level in engineering inbuilt with finance, sustainable development, climate policy or related fields;
• Knowledge and experience with project financing specifically clean investments and having good knowledge in international negotiations is highly desirable;
• Good understanding in operation of Intentional organization and experience is an added advantage;
• Strong competence and autonomy in the use of standard software programmes : Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access;
• Excellent writing and presentation skills;
• Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage, in particular French, Portuguese and Spanish;

Dann mein Anschreiben:

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

As an international student of both disciplines, environmental sciences and economics, I am now striving to utilize my acquired skills and knowledge within a multidisciplinary working environment. I hold the view that comprehensive climate finance will be one of the most relevant milestones on the way to an effective emission reduction treaty with binding targets not only for developed countries. I regard the [Name des Fonds] work essential for achieving that goal. Taking part in this undertaking as well as the possibility to work inside an international organization constitute a personal goal and would enhance my professional career.

A major benefit of my transdisciplinary education lies in my ability to recognize and analyse complex problems from various perspectives. Thus, I am well aware of the interdisciplinary challenges the [NAME DES FONDS] faces. I am confident that the [NAME DES FONDS] could benefit from the knowledge and experience I accumulated during my studies in various fields such as environmental economics, international environmental law, economics of climate change and negotiation theory. Supporting the [Name des Fonds] activities related to project financing and the accreditation process would be an opportunity since I am eager to apply the expertise I gained during the completion of the university courses advanced corporate finance and international financial management. Furthermore, within the scope of a lecture and a seminar, I concentrated on challenges regarding the proper discounting of environmental projects and economic damages related to climate change. This allowed me to not only sensitise myself for another aspect of climate finance but to also learn how determining the discounting technique can be on environmental financing decisions.

After finishing high school I worked as a technical draftsman which introduced me to civil engineering and equipped me with a fundamental technical comprehension. I was able to deepen this understanding during my bachelor studies. I participated in courses such as renewable resources and energy management, waste management, or groundwater management which enables me to assess the technical feasibility and environmental impacts of mitigation and adaptation projects.

Commissioned by the [Name eines Instituts] I am currently working on my master thesis, a game theoretic analysis of the introduction of INDCs into the COP21 negotiations and their implications on incentive structures of negotiating parties. During my work for the institute, I gained insights into the mechanisms of multilateral negotiations and the modus operandi of international organizations. Data processing skills as well as analytical skills constitute a basic asset of economists which I acquired during the course of my academic career and utilized as an intern at the [Name eines weiteren Instituts] where I assisted in a project to support sustainable agriculture in Germany.

As a member of the student consultancy [Vereinsname] I was repeatedly involved in the preparation, organization and conduction of seminars and workshops with external partners and clients which helped me a lot to further develop my organizational skills and introduced me to several facets of knowledge management. Via the association [weiterer Vereinsname] and its international partners, I took part in recruiting and preparing the German delegation for the annual Y20-Summit, the official youth summit within the G20 process, previously held in Istanbul. By activities like such, I gain insights into the field of international relations and I am able to constantly improve my teamwork and communication skills with which I would like to support the [NAME DES FONDS] in [Ort des Praktikums]. Several long-term stays abroad made me a tolerant, open-minded and curious person.

Being occupied with my master thesis until the beginning of November, I am available to the [NAME DES FONDS] from 1st December 2015. I prefer a six month internship but would happily accept any other duration.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case additional certificates or references are requested. I appreciate the possibility to introduce myself to the [NAME DES FONDS] and look forward for your reply.

Kind regards

Falls englische Bewerbungen im Forum fehl am Platze sind, bitte ich um Entschuldigung. Dann kann der Post gelöscht werden.

Gruß
nimingde
TheGuide
Bewerbungshelfer

Beitrag von TheGuide »

Vorneweg: Deine Bewerbung ist sehr lang!
neunimingde hat geschrieben:Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

As an international student...
I regard the [Name des Fonds] work essential for achieving that goal. Taking part in this undertaking as well as the possibility to work inside an international organization constitute a personal goal and would enhance my professional career.
Lass doch die Lobhudelei. Es geht um deine Fähigkeiten!

Wie oft willst du den Fond eigentlich beim Namen nennen? Das ist ja schon beinahe gebetsmühlenhaft...
After finishing high school I worked as a technical draftsman which introduced me to civil engineering and equipped me with a fundamental technical comprehension.
Das ist in erster Linie Nacherzählung, nicht Argumentation.
I was able to deepenED this understanding during my bachelor studies.
I participated in courses such as renewable resources and energy management, waste management, or groundwater management which enables me to assess the technical feasibility and environmental impacts of mitigation and adaptation projects.
FRAGEN
Bewerbungshelfer

Beitrag von FRAGEN »

Hast Du schon einmal daran gedacht, nach einem englischsprachigen Bewerbungsforum zu suchen? Das hätte nicht nur den Vorteil, dass die Leute dort sicherer in der Sprache sind... sondern vor allem auch den, dass sie besser einschätzen können, was dort inhaltlich üblich ist...
neunimingde

Danke für Eure Hinweise. An englischsprachige Foren habe ich schon gedacht, erste Suchen haben nichts wirklich Gescheites ergeben. Da ich hier schon angemeldet bin, bisher ausschließlich gute Erfahrungen gemacht habe und mich nicht in mehreren Foren anmelden möchte, habe ich mich an Euch gewandt.

Schönen Nachmittag & Danke!
nimingde
neunimingde

Ich vergaß, @TheGuide:
TheGuide hat geschrieben:
I regard the [Name des Fonds] work essential for achieving that goal. Taking part in this undertaking as well as the possibility to work inside an international organization constitute a personal goal and would enhance my professional career.
Lass doch die Lobhudelei. Es geht um deine Fähigkeiten!
Mit diesem Satz habe ich versucht meine Motivation zur Bewerbung kurz und knapp zu erläutern. Ist dies nicht zu erkennen oder Deiner Meinung nach generell überflüssig?

ciao
Antworten