Englisches Bewerbungsanschreiben: Forschungsinstitut

Welche anderen Bewerbungsstrategien kennt ihr noch? Fragen dazu bitte hier reinschreiben.
Antworten
Zork

Englisches Bewerbungsanschreiben: Forschungsinstitut

Beitrag von Zork »

Hallo alle zusammen,

da bin ich wieder, um zu nerven :D Ich würde gerne wieder eine Bewerbung verschicken (btw: mit der Letzten war ich erfolgreich, daher noch mal ein großes Dankeschön an alle Helfer aus dem Forum).
Diesmal geht es um Praktikum in einem ausländischen Forschungsinstitut mit Forschungsschwerpunkt auf politische und soziale Bewegungen sowie globalen sozio-ökonomischen Prozessen. Leider ist die Bewerbung auf Englisch (was die Sache nicht so einfach macht). Ich wäre dankbar, falls ihr ein paar Ratschläge hättet!

Voraussetzungen laut Internetseite:

A Graduate degree in any subject but with an understanding of social issues, development activities, familiarity with the documentation and some knowledge about the World Social Forum process and different streams of struggles for social justice globally.
Knowledge of the key sociological, and political terminology, which are related with a Research Project – previous experience in some kind of research / campaign / advocacy work would be good.
Possess good communication skills in English (familiarity with Portuguese or other European languages would be appreciated).
Proficiency in the Computers – comfortable with working on web, and good typing speed.
Hardworking, interested in both detail and the larger picture, willingness to learn, methodical, and determined; and –
Pleasant and easy-going in character.

----------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr X.,

I am interested in “Name des Instituts” because I have an opportunity to widen my experience by working with you. The choice of your institute fulfils my personal and academic interest in social and political movements, globalisation, ideology and neoliberal practices including their consequences. I am currently a Master's student at the (Name der Uni in Studienort), where I stu­dy Sociology with a focus on society and culture.

During my courses I have developed a professional knowledge: in social and historical development processes, skills in writing scientific texts, and the analysis of source material and goal-oriented thinking. Furthermore, my wider studies have helped me to obtain a clear understanding of political, social and historical events, through further applying the skills I have learnt.
(weitere Angaben zu meinen inhaltlichen Studien-Schwerpunkten und ausgewählte Kurse im Resume).

As you see in my resume, I have also gained various work experiences. The different tasks I carried out as part of these jobs helped me to improve myself both in a personal and professional way. I am familiar with stressful situations, flexible and know how interact appropriately with colleagues as well as communicate clearly. Furthermore, I am also acquainted with administrative details and dispose over skills with computer and the application of office software.
(ich habe hier auf die einzelnen Firmen etc. verzichtet, weil ich sie als nicht relavant für ein Forschungsinstitut erachtet habe).
My native language is German but I also speak and write in English on an advanced level, also I have begun the basics in (Europäische Sprache) which I plan to deepen during my stay in (Land der Sprache) in the next few months.
(Sprachnachweise werden beigelegt)

I am sure that my broad knowlegde, curiosity and motivation is an enrichment for the work of the institute. In reverse I believe that the internship will contribute to my existing skills and enable me an insight into the application of theory and practice work in exciting environment.
Thank you for your consideration,

Best regards,

Danke im Voraus. Beste Grüße,
Zork
katerfreitag
Bewerbungshelfer

Re: Englisches Bewerbungsanschreiben: Forschungsinstitut

Beitrag von katerfreitag »

Zork hat geschrieben:
Voraussetzungen laut Internetseite:

A Graduate degree in any subject but with an understanding of social issues, development activities, familiarity with the documentation and some knowledge about the World Social Forum process and different streams of struggles for social justice globally.
Knowledge of the key sociological, and political terminology, which are related with a Research Project – previous experience in some kind of research / campaign / advocacy work would be good.
Possess good communication skills in English (familiarity with Portuguese or other European languages would be appreciated).
Proficiency in the Computers – comfortable with working on web, and good typing speed.
Hardworking, interested in both detail and the larger picture, willingness to learn, methodical, and determined; and –
Pleasant and easy-going in character.

Dear Mr X.,

I am interested in “Name des Instituts” because I have an opportunity to widen my experience by working with you.

DER SATZ IST UNIDIOMATISCH. BESSER: 'to work with 'Name des Instituts' is very tempting to me since that would provide me with an opportunity to broaden my experience.'

The choice of your institute fulfils my personal and academic interest in social and political movements, globalisation, ideology and neoliberal practices including their consequences. I am currently a Master's student at the (Name der Uni in Studienort), where I stu­dy Sociology with a focus on society and culture.

KÖNNTE MAN DIESEN SATZ NICHT NOCH ETWAS EINDAMPFEN?

During my courses I have developed a professional knowledge:

KEIN DOPPELPUNKT

in social and historical development processes, skills in writing scientific texts, and the analysis of source material HIER WÜRDE ICH EIN PLURAL-S DRANHÄNGEN

and goal-oriented thinking.

GIBT ES DIESEN AUSDRUCK IM ENGLISCHEN ÜBERHAUPT, ODER HAST DU DAS DIREKT AUS DEM DEUTSCHEN ÜBERSETZT?

Furthermore, my wider studies have helped me to obtain a clear understanding of political, social and historical events, through further applying the skills I have learnt.

HIER IST MIR DER SINN DES SATZES UNKLAR.

(weitere Angaben zu meinen inhaltlichen Studien-Schwerpunkten und ausgewählte Kurse im Resume).

As you see in my resume, I have also gained various work experiences. The different tasks I carried out as part of these jobs helped me to improve myself both in a personal and professional way. I am familiar with stressful situations, BELEGE DAS.

flexible BELEGE DAS.

and know how interact appropriately with colleagues as well as communicate clearly.

ANDERSHERUM:'and know how to interact with colleagues appropriately as well as how to communicate clearly.'

DIESER SATZ WIRKT AUF MICH ABER SO, ALS WÜRDEST DU DAS ZWAR WISSEN UND KÖNNEN, ABER NICHT IMMER UMSETZEN.

Furthermore, I am also acquainted with administrative details and dispose over skills with computer and the application of office software.
(ich habe hier auf die einzelnen Firmen etc. verzichtet, weil ich sie als nicht relavant für ein Forschungsinstitut erachtet habe).
My native language is German but I also speak and write in

KEIN 'IN':'SPEAK AND WRITE ENGLISH ON AN ADVANCED LEVEL'

English on an advanced level, also I have begun the basics in (Europäische Sprache) which I plan to deepen during my stay in (Land der Sprache) in the next few months.
(Sprachnachweise werden beigelegt)

I am sure that my broad knowlegde, curiosity and motivation is an enrichment for the work of the institute.

BESSER:' WILL BE ENRICHING'

In reverse I believe that the BESSER: 'MY INTERNSHIP'

internship will contribute to my existing skills and enable me an insight into the application of theory and practice work in

AN exciting environment.
Thank you for your consideration,

Best regards,

Mir fehlt ein bisschen, was das Institut davon hat, dass Du dort arbeiten wirst.

Meine Empfehlung wäre, nochmal einen British native speaker drüber gucken zu lassen - ich habe das Gefühl, dass da noch einige Germanismen drin stecken. Meine Verbesserungen sind auch nur ohne Gewähr - ich spreche viel Englisch im Alltag, aber das ist nur auf Konversationsniveau ;)

Viel Erfolg!
Zork

Beitrag von Zork »

Vielen Dank Katerfreitag! Ich habe alles mal versucht zu überarbeiten und den Punkt, den du genannt hast mehr in den Fokus zu rücken; also paar Gründe zu liefern was sie von mir hätten.
Habs insgesamt bisschen gekürzt und versucht knackiger zu formulieren:

-------------------------------------------------------------

since my youth I am interested in political and social developments on a global level. My studies deepen this interest and extend it through the altercation with various issuses like economic theories, ideologies, ethics and international relations. This This facilitates a multifaceted view of historical and current events. From researching these phenomena, I expect a better understanding of inequalities and injustices and possible solution proposals as well.

Moreover, I have gained experiences in different work areas. These jobs strengthened my communication and handling with colleagues, customers and strangers, plus cope with stressful moments, diligence and work individually and in a team. Furthermore, I am well acquainted with administrative details and dispose over skills with computer and office software.

I am sure that my broad knowlegde, curiosity and motivation will be enriching for the work of the institute. In reverse I believe that my internship will contribute to my existing skills and enable me an insight into the application of theory and practice work in an exciting environment.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards
TheGuide
Bewerbungshelfer

Beitrag von TheGuide »

Zork hat geschrieben:
since my youth I am interested in political and social developments on a global level.
Kann ja jeder behaupten. Warum und genauer definieren seit wann. Was war der Auslöser für dein Interesse?
My studies deepen this interest and extend it through the altercation with various issuses like economic theories, ideologies, ethics and international relations.
Subjekt?
This This facilitates
I am sure that my broad knowlegde, curiosity and motivation will be enriching for the work of the institute. In reverse I believe that my internship will contribute to my existing skills and enable me an insight into the application of theory and practice work in an exciting environment.
With my broad knowledge ... I will enrich...
Antworten